Due to the high growth of population as well and the increase of dementia, it is of significance that we preserve our general well-being and health. Among the many ways to do so is by regulating our blood pressure. Before regulation blood pressure, however, we must understand some of the main causes of high blood pressure. What many people do not know is that blood pressure can be avoided through self-control, awareness and the commitment to look after our general health. Read on to get an idea of what results to high blood pressure.
Causes of high blood pressure
- Excess salt intake. This is among the major causes of high blood pressure. High intake of salt leads to the tightening of blood vessels hence increasing resistance during blood flow. When there is a difficulty in blood flow, you are automatically going hypertension way.
- Excess sugar. Too much of sugar leads to hypertension as well. Sugar in drinks, cereals, cakes, muffins, and biscuits causes more harm to the body.
- Obesity. This is another cause of hypertension. It is a major problem in the western world. Obesity is affecting both children and adults. Excess fat squeezes the blood vessels making it hard for the blood to flow freely with such you will be diagnosed with hypertension at the end of the day.
- Smoking. Get means of getting rid of nicotine in your blood if you have any. In simple terms, stop smoking. Every puff turns your blood a little blue and less red. With that, you are depriving the brain the energy required to function as it should.
- Alcohol intake. Persistent and excessive alcohol intake is a major cause of high blood pressure as well. What is excess drinking? The medical literature explains it as taking more than two drinks in a day.
- Poor sleep. Lack of sleep falls in the list of causes of high blood pressure as well. Many people think that sleeping long to feel relaxed is a luxury or laziness, medically it is very healthy to sleep and rest. It helps rejuvenate the brain and allows for proper blood supply in the brains.
- Depression, loneliness, and anxiety. All the above can lead to hypertension. The mentioned conditions affect the mind and blood flow to the heart.
- Noise. Excess noise especially that which irritates the ears can lead to increased heart rate. If you have to be in a noisy place, please put on ear protectors.